Tuesday, October 29, 2013

forts

DSC_0071    DSC_0075

DSC_0082   DSC_0083

 

DSC_0102  DSC_0066

DSC_0063    DSC_0065

DSC_0067      DSC_0068

we searched for destinations to visit around our little village this afternoon and fort l’ecluse came up. it is a 15 minute drive from our home. it is a natural entry to france from switzerland. history says that the designated area of land was used for fortress grounds dating back to 58 b.c. cray. I guess there are no photos of the actual fortress on here but these are some of the photos that we took of our hike.

we still are not sure as to what we stumbled across on our hike but it was some sort of an old mountain bike trail. we found a number of palettes in this open area. I quickly drew up in my mind a fort of our own. I felt like I was 12 years old again back in the day when my friends, gracie and I would own the forest grounds. it worked as you can see from the photos. we also found a natural stream of water that we drank from. it was just what we needed today. as we headed back down I grabbed some moss to add to our collection of plants. we are proud parents of now three baby plants.

salut

john

banana.bread

No comments:

Post a Comment