Saturday, March 17, 2012

oak tree

 

lee and mills

distance is so hard to measure sometimes. I mean, I live so many odd miles away from home. ive made the trip round and back some odd number of times yet I still don’t even know how far it is in miles.

one of my younger sisters came up to visit me for her spring break. leeeee! it was fantastic!

I began to think as soon as I said bye at the airline gate about how far I sometimes feel from her and my other two sisters. its like with the more time that passes by the more distant our relationships become to me. after talking about I realized that we are not so far at all. the details and the small writings in their lives might be fuzzy but if I take a step there is no way I wouldn’t recognize them for who they truly are to me. with time some of the text will go over look but it doesn’t mean I can still be invested in them and in their lives. a friend was relating similar life lessons learned to me and she said her older brothers always remained her older brothers to her as they still do. there wasnt that void of unknowness while her brothers moved forward in life. and I wonder if that’s the same case within my family. I don’t want to be far. not too far.

salut

john

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE NEVER TOO FAR. YOU ARE ACTUALLY ALWAYS HERE IN OUR HEARTS!

    ReplyDelete